Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Statement text

Hi. In MYOB Essentials when trying to match an unallocated bank transaction the following appears across the top on the screen and MYOB wont allow the transaction to be matched. "You have indicated that the transaction is to be paid electronically. Alll electronic payments must contain Statement Text." How can this be resolved so the transaction can be matched? Thanks.

• Hi emmattpsy 

Thanks for your post. When you tried to match a bank feed transaction, you received an error saying "You have indicated that the transaction is to be paid electronically. All electronic payments must contain Statement Text." It is because when the linked account for electronic payment is not set up to an electronic clearing account. To change the linked account, refer to the steps provided below:

• Go to Accounting
    • From the drop down, click on Manage linked accounts
    • Click on Payroll tab, then for the Bank account for electronic payments, click the drop down and select the Electronic Clearing Account.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi emmattpsy 

Thanks for your post. When you tried to match a bank feed transaction, you received an error saying "You have indicated that the transaction is to be paid electronically. All electronic payments must contain Statement Text." It is because when the linked account for electronic payment is not set up to an electronic clearing account. To change the linked account, refer to the steps provided below:

• Go to Accounting
    • From the drop down, click on Manage linked accounts
    • Click on Payroll tab, then for the Bank account for electronic payments, click the drop down and select the Electronic Clearing Account.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen