Forum Discussion

jhp
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

ABA file error - Bank Statement Text dropping to the next line in the ABA file

Hi,

I have never had any issues with ABA files in the past. Recently however, I have been adding new suppliers and entering their bank details as normal. When I go to create an ABA file for payment, the 'statement text' line for these new suppliers only, are dropping to the next line in the ABA file, creating an error when uploading.

There are no blank spaces at the end of each line, bank details are correct, characters are within the character limits. I have re-entered their details numerous times and there is no reason why I keep having this issue. 

Hoping someone has a solution please.

• Hi jhp 

Thanks for your post. This sounds like an unusual issue; I recommend navigating to the Bank details section and ensuring the "Include self-balancing transaction" option is ticked. Additionally, make sure there are no special characters in the statement text. 

If the issue persists kindly share the error message, you're encountering while uploading the file and a screenshot of the supplier card via private message and we can look into this further.

Regards

Priya Selvaraj

2 Replies

• Hi jhp 

Thanks for your post. This sounds like an unusual issue; I recommend navigating to the Bank details section and ensuring the "Include self-balancing transaction" option is ticked. Additionally, make sure there are no special characters in the statement text. 

If the issue persists kindly share the error message, you're encountering while uploading the file and a screenshot of the supplier card via private message and we can look into this further.

Regards

Priya Selvaraj

jhp
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your response PriyaSelvaraj 

Selecting "Include self-balancing transaction" option has worked!