Forum Discussion

Dylemma
Experienced Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

Bank Feeds Rules & Print Cheque

Morning,

I have started using Bank Feeds and created some rules, which is great.  The rules so far relate to spend money and the issue I'm having is that I now have heaps of cheques to print!  I've tried editing current rules (and I've tried creating new rules from scratch), but there is no option to tick a 'cheque is already printed' box. 

NOTE:  I DO have the 'Default Chq is Already Printed' box checked in the preferences, so it's not that.

• Hi Dylemma 

Open the transaction and double-check if Cheque Already Printed is ticked. If it is, untick it and tick it again with the Pay Slip Delivery Status To be Printed. If it did not remove them after ticking the Cheque Already Printed please change the Pay Slip Delivery Status dropdown box to Already Printed or Sent

At the moment, there is no rule (or settings) specifically about this since Bank Rules are mostly for matching transactions. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Dylemma 

Thank you for your post. I'm glad to assist you with this.

Besides ticking the Cheque Already Printed, please change the Pay Slip Delivery Status dropdown box to Already Printed or Sent. Note that if there are transactions in the previous year, you will need to unlock the period to do this. For more information about this, here's a Help Article on Removing transactions from the print or email queue.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Dylemma
      Experienced Cover User

Morning Sean.....thanks for the quick response.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here as I'm not sure why I would change the pay slip delivery option for a spend money?  I send multiple payslips out every week so I don't want to change that feature.

My query is how to create a spend money rule so that it doesn't clog my print queue and then I have to get back, sometimes in prior periods, unlock, change to already printed and then remember to lock the file again.

When you create a spend money transaction on it's own, you have the option to tick the 'cheque already printed' box, so it doesn't get sent to the print queue.  Now that I have rules in place for the regular amounts being direct debited from my bank account, it's sending all of these to the print queue.....but there is no option in the 'create/manage rules' box to tick the cheque already printed box.  Even on the advanced options.  Is there no way around this except to try to remember to check that queue all the time?  Something I've missed in preferences maybe (although I've had a pretty good look there).  

Sean_DC
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Dylemma 

Open the transaction and double-check if Cheque Already Printed is ticked. If it is, untick it and tick it again with the Pay Slip Delivery Status To be Printed. If it did not remove them after ticking the Cheque Already Printed please change the Pay Slip Delivery Status dropdown box to Already Printed or Sent

At the moment, there is no rule (or settings) specifically about this since Bank Rules are mostly for matching transactions.