Forum Discussion

TracyatMuirhead
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Banking - overpayment - reconciling on MYOB

HI there,

I have an automatic SPERS payments set up in our bank account for one of our employees and it's paid on pay day (just deducted from his wage) however I still need to 'authorise' them.  The other week I could not see it to authorise so I set it up again & consequently paid the SPER's debt twice.  
I then cancelled the payment for the following week so there was no need to sort out the pay with the employee.. however when going to reconcile my account now it's out by the $50 payment and won't let me reconcile the bank statement even though I know it will sort it self out the following week's statement.

Can anyone advise the best way to sort this in MYOB Accountright Plus please?

Thank you for your time.

(Geez I hope this makes sense & someone can help)

• Hi TracyatMuirhead 

Thanks for your post. You've got a couple of options to fix this. You can reverse and re-process those 2 pays so they match what was actually paid. Or you can change the reconciliation date to include all the transactions. It will depend on your situation which one suits you best. 

If you need further help with either of those methods please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TracyatMuirhead 

Thanks for your post. You've got a couple of options to fix this. You can reverse and re-process those 2 pays so they match what was actually paid. Or you can change the reconciliation date to include all the transactions. It will depend on your situation which one suits you best. 

If you need further help with either of those methods please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

TracyatMuirhead
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Tracey, both these make sense.. I appreciate you time!