Bounced payment to supplier due to incorrect bank details - how to process in cloud version of MYOB

rachtatli
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bounced payment to supplier due to incorrect bank details - how to process in cloud version of MYOB

How do we process a bounced payment in MYOB Business cloud 

5 REPLIES 5
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,918 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,918Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Bounced payment to supplier due to incorrect bank details - how to process in cloud version o...

Hi @rachtatli

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

The method of recording the transaction will depend on the actual process in the bank. But generally, it's recorded as a reversal to align with the credit transaction in the bank feeds. For a more detailed guide on this, I suggest going through the 'Rejected electronic payments' article.

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

rachtatli
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bounced payment to supplier due to incorrect bank details - how to process in cloud version o...

I understand that is the process for MYOB desktop but I am asking for MYOB on line / cloud business version please?

Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

747Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

Hi, @rachtatli. Thank you for your post.

An electronic payment is typically a single batch of payments, sometimes called a "grouped electronic payment". It contains the supplier and employee payments in MYOB that you've grouped together to be paid electronically.

So, depending on what needs changing or fixing, you might need to consider both the grouped electronic payment and the individual payments it contains.

If you've processed a direct electronic payment (and not a bank file), it'll be listed in the payments portal.

So start by checking the status of the direct payment you want to change. Kindly check this Help Article for more information: Changing or fixing electronic payments

Let us know if you need further assistance, we're happy to help!

Cheers,

Hannah

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

rachtatli
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry i dont think you have understood my question. I have processed a payment via an ABA file it has bounced back due to incorrect bank details. I understand how to fix this in the desk top version of MYOB but not in the cloud / on line version. 

How is it corrected in MYOB on line when there is no bank transaction journal or disbusements tab or reverse payment option?

@Hannah_V wrote:

Hi, @rachtatli. Thank you for your post.

An electronic payment is typically a single batch of payments, sometimes called a "grouped electronic payment". It contains the supplier and employee payments in MYOB that you've grouped together to be paid electronically.

So, depending on what needs changing or fixing, you might need to consider both the grouped electronic payment and the individual payments it contains.

If you've processed a direct electronic payment (and not a bank file), it'll be listed in the payments portal.

So start by checking the status of the direct payment you want to change. Kindly check this Help Article for more information: Changing or fixing electronic payments

Let us know if you need further assistance, we're happy to help!

Cheers,

Hannah

Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

747Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

In MYOB Business, reversals are not supported; however, they are available in the payroll function. The recommended approach to address this is to delete the transaction and subsequently re-enter the electronic payment. To facilitate this process, please adhere to the instructions outlined in the Help Article: Changing or fixing electronic payments.

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post