Forum Discussion

MissDiana
Contributing Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Cannot use Spend money using cheque on new customer card

Created a new card with very basic information, no electronic payment details and I keep getting the following message when I try to enter the transaction in Spend Money

"You have indicated that the transaction is to be paid electronically. Customer Cards cannot be linked to electronic payments."

I have never used electronic payments before and cant see where this can be changed ??

• Hi MissDiana,

Can you please check if you accidentally have not selected the Group with Electronic Payments option next to 

Pay from Account instead of your Bank Account. I have replicated the issue in AccountRight but can you please check in Banking command centre >>Spend Money >>and untick Electronic Payment. 

If this is done simply untick the option "Electronic Payment" option then this error goes away.

Also, checked Setup >> Linked Accounts >>Sales Accounts and Bank Accounts for customer payments is set up as a bank account and NOT Electronic Payments to rule out.

Let us know how you go. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    RienaP
    Former Staff

Hi MissDiana,

Can you please check if you accidentally have not selected the Group with Electronic Payments option next to 

Pay from Account instead of your Bank Account. I have replicated the issue in AccountRight but can you please check in Banking command centre >>Spend Money >>and untick Electronic Payment. 

If this is done simply untick the option "Electronic Payment" option then this error goes away.

Also, checked Setup >> Linked Accounts >>Sales Accounts and Bank Accounts for customer payments is set up as a bank account and NOT Electronic Payments to rule out.

Let us know how you go. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

MissDiana
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Riena,  thank you ! The issue was in Setup > Linked Accounts > Bank account for electronic payments had changed to the main bank account code. We did an upgrade 2 days ago ( and I didn't manually change this setup item) so I can only guess the upgrade did it ? Will make a note for the future.

Cheers Diana