Customer payments show up on bank reconciliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MC_18
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer payments show up on bank reconciliation

When I create a customer payment (they want a receipt to show the invoice is paid) this shows up on the bank reconciliation and the recon. The transaction is not ticked, then the reconciliation balances, but these keep showing up on the next reconciliation as a list. So I delete them. Is this a problem?

Why notjust leave them off the bank reconciliation, they serve no pupose as the credit is in the bank as a deposit already?

1 REPLY 1
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Customer payments show up on bank reconciliation

Hi

i am assuming you are using bank feeds

so creating a customer payment for deposits to your bank is what you must do to reconcile not only your bank but your customer card and debtors

if you are allocating from your bank feeds , how are you doing it? If you are creating a customer payment all you need to do is match that payment in the bank feed (find)

if you are doing a customer payment and not reconciling that transaction but your bank reconciles that indicates to me that you are allocating the bank feed transactions, possibly, straight to a gl code.

if this is the case you are overstating your sales income and that has implications for your BAS

If I am correct there will have to be corrections done to delete the incorrect entries and create the pcustomer payments again and match to bank feeds. You will need to rereconcile your accounts and possibly amend you BAS 

Hope this is useful

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post