Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Double deposit to undesposited fund

Hi,

I deposited invoice payments from Prepare bank deposit page to Undesposited fund account by mistake. Then those lines disapeared and they can't be found in Prepare bank deposit page any more. 

They are shown in Transaction journal page, indicating they have been deposited to Undeposited fund account. Because the lines are grey, they can't be deleted but only allowing "reverse payment". Then I tried to reversed one line, the reversed line with a negative amount is shown in Prepare Bank Deposit page, but there's no debit line shown/released to Prepare Bank Deposit.

How can I found where those lines which have been double deposited into undeposited fund account is? Ultimately, I need to deposite the payment lines as a lumpsum to be deposited into a bank account. 

Thank you 

Cher

• Hi Cher

Try this

Go into reconcile bank

Drop down to find undeposited funds

Go to the date required and find the deposit into undeposited funds

That is the transaction ( the deposit itself)you need to delete - the payments will go back to prepare deposits and you can redo the deposit

If you reversed the one line it may have reversed the payment transaction you originally made, so you may need to redo that also

Hope that helps

Lisa

Lisa

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Cher

Try this

Go into reconcile bank

Drop down to find undeposited funds

Go to the date required and find the deposit into undeposited funds

That is the transaction ( the deposit itself)you need to delete - the payments will go back to prepare deposits and you can redo the deposit

If you reversed the one line it may have reversed the payment transaction you originally made, so you may need to redo that also

Hope that helps

Lisa

Lisa

CherFreesia
      User

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reply. I figured it out and reversed all the lines, so the invoices are remained unpaid, then I redid the payments, then deleted all the reversal lines in Undeposit account!

Well done Lisa!

Thanks alot! Have a good day!

Cher

CherFreesia
      User

Sceenshot 1.pngScreenshot2.pngHi Lisa,

Thanks for reply. I just got back to work on Monday and checked your solution.

What I can find is only one line of deposit in undeposited fund, there's no withdrawal line/ or payment line.

Also, I can't delete those highlighted lines as they're grey. the only option is to reverse the payment. I tried to reverse the payment, but only the reversal lines appeared in Prepare Bnk Deposit page, there's no positive amount lines released from the reversal. 

Please check the screeenshot.  I need to release those 4 highlighted lines to Prepare bank deposit.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you and kind regards

Cher

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi Cher

The screenshots haven't come through unfortunately - can you try again?

You need to find the deposit that you made to the undeposited funds bank account and delete it

You should be able to locate it through either the bank register or the reconcile bank screen

Lisa