Forum Discussion

Dotay
Experienced User
8 months ago
Solved

Electronic payments dupilcated

I prepared an elecronic payment for supplier 'A'. The statement amount was entered into the amount box and allocated against the invoices. There were six invoices in the suppliers MYOB file. These six invoices were also ticked off to the suppliers statement and the payment totals agreed. The transaction was recorded.

Twelve further payments were processed for different suppliers and included in the final electronic payment batch with no problems.

In the prepare electronic payments window the payment listed for supplier 'A' showed an amount almost double to what had been ticked and matched (the payment amount went from 46 to 90). Five of the six invoices were showing as paid twice (the invoices had not been posted twice).

In summary, the creation of the payment in pay bills matched the suppliers statement. There was no warning of an unbalanced transaction during the payment process. No invoice had been duplicated. There was only one payment process.

The duplicate balance shows in the supplier account as a refund due from the supplier.

Are there any suggestions as to how this error is possible?

• Hi Dotay

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand how important it is that the payment values to our suppliers are all accurate. In my understanding, for each bill for supplier A, there were two payments each. Generally, if there are multiple payments in a certain bill, it's likely to have been recorded in different ways. Unfortunately, I could not explain how this happened. You will need to open the Journal Security Audit report to know how and when these transactions were recorded. 

I would suggest opening the bills and clicking the history button. This will show the two payments applied to that invoice (payments transactions that have a blue arrow next to them are the transactions that were not yet processed and are still inside the Prepare Electronic Payment window). You can open the transactions with blue arrows next to them and delete them (edit > delete transaction). This will effectively remove the second payment and the credit in the Returns and Credits tab.

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Thanks,

Genreve

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Dotay

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand how important it is that the payment values to our suppliers are all accurate. In my understanding, for each bill for supplier A, there were two payments each. Generally, if there are multiple payments in a certain bill, it's likely to have been recorded in different ways. Unfortunately, I could not explain how this happened. You will need to open the Journal Security Audit report to know how and when these transactions were recorded. 

I would suggest opening the bills and clicking the history button. This will show the two payments applied to that invoice (payments transactions that have a blue arrow next to them are the transactions that were not yet processed and are still inside the Prepare Electronic Payment window). You can open the transactions with blue arrows next to them and delete them (edit > delete transaction). This will effectively remove the second payment and the credit in the Returns and Credits tab.

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Thanks,

Genreve