1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payment Allocated to order on incorrect account

Hi, 

Hoping someone on here can help. 

We have received a payment from a client (1) but it has accidentally allocated to an order on a different client (2) account. This order on client 2 account has since been changed from an order to an invoice. 

We are now trying to delete and reallocate the payment to the correct client account (1), but the payment is still showing on client 2 account, meaning their current outstanding balance is incorrect. The payment has also been allocated to the correct client account meaning the payment has been allocated twice. 

Can anyone please help in finding a solution on how to remove the first allocated payment to the order on account 2. 

1 REPLY 1
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: Payment Allocated to order on incorrect account

Hi @Northern_ab,

Thanks for your post. A customer deposit is typically posted to a liability account because it's not yet considered business income. When the sales order is converted to an invoice, the deposit is transferred from the liability account to your trade debtors account. To set up AccountRight to track customer deposits or to check the liability account used for deposits, go to Setup > Linked Accounts > Sales Accounts. I suggest checking through this help article on how AccountRight treats customer deposits for the full details and instructions to assist you with this.

Let me know if you need further help. I also recommend getting in touch through our online help center, MOCA, whenever you need immediate assistance.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post