11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reverse Entry for Spend Money

How to record the reversing entry for 'Spend Money' (direct debit used for finance repayment) that was accrued (show in bank feed) when our bank did not have enough funds in MYOB account right?

5 REPLIES 5
Lisapapa1173
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Reverse Entry for Spend Money

I used 'Receive Money' to do the reverse - see attached photo. Just wondering if it's correct
@Lisapapa1173 wrote:
How to record the reversing entry for 'Spend Money' (direct debit used for finance repayment) that was accrued (shown in bank feed) when our bank did not have enough funds in MYOB account right?

Use Business Acccount to Do the Repayment of Loan.png
Liz_A
Valued User
331 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

331Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @Lisapapa1173 

This is a public forum so you need to be a bit cautious about what you post. There are several ways to reverse an entry and I find using the Security function to "lock" transactions is the cleanest. Go to Setup, Preferences, and click on the Security tab - tick the first option "Transactions CAN'T be Changed; They Must be Reversed (System-wide)", click OK. You can then Edit the original transaction and Reverse it. Once you have recorded the reversal, you can go back into Security and untick the option to allow future Edits.

Cheers

Liz

Lisapapa1173
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Liz

Thank you reply!

I know how to do this purchase reverse. This question here is, original transaction was a direct debit, normaly we do it from bank feed, spend money. But once as we didn't have enough fund in the bank, the amount debited bounced back, so how can I do this entry?

Cheers

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Lisapapa1173,

Thanks for your post.

I understand you're seeking guidance on how to handle a reversing entry for a "Spend Money" transaction in MYOB due to insufficient funds in your bank account. In MYOB, you have the flexibility to reverse transaction and reprocess it with the correct details. One method is to record a "Receive Money" transaction for the same amount and using the same accounts as the original "Spend Money" transaction, effectively reversing its impact on your accounts.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

Lisapapa1173
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, Princess. So I did correct