Surcharge Fees NOT INCLUDED with Online BPAY Payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

50Posts

70Kudos

1Solutions

Surcharge Fees NOT INCLUDED with Online BPAY Payments

Seems like a timely moment to again raise this ongoing issue and ask when MYOB address the need to provide business owners with either of the following two options ...

1. The ability to Deactivate the BPAY Option and/or

2. Enable the Surcharge Fee to be automatically passed on

Online Invoice Payments are great ... BUT ... the fact that this service doesn't also provide the option for us (MYOB's Clients) to pass on Surcharging Fees for payments made using BPAY to our Clients, means that many of us are either unable to full utilise this feature or simply not willing to activate it in the first place.

In our industry, due to the high values of many of our Invoices we've been forced to restrict this option and only make Online Payment available on Invoices with values of less than $500 (just in case clients choose to select the BPAY option) and if they do then we are either forced to just cop the Surcharge Fee or raise another Invoice for the Surcharge Fee.

We were so excited to be part of the initial pilot program when the surcharging fees were being enabled and loved it (wouldn't touch it beforehand), and raised this concern waaaay back then but sadly nothing has changed in all this time and many people are aware of the loophole to avoid being oncharged the surcharge fee.

So ... it great that MYOB has now added Apple Pay and Google Pay as Online Payment options but they still haven't bothered to address this issue by adding either of the above to options to help businesses reduces costs! 

Now I've read in one of the many threads (that's since been locked for comments) that because the BPAY option isn't a stand alone feature there's no ability to "disable" it. BUT ... if this is the case, please explain why the Surcharge Fee can not then be passed on?

Why is it that MYOB can see no problem in passing on the BPAY Surcharge Fees to their Clients (us) but won't afford business owners with the same option?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Surcharge Fees NOT INCLUDED with Online BPAY Payments

Hi @Suzi_Byrom 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to Online Payments in particular BPAY.

While credit card payments (Amex, VISA, Mastercard, Apple Pay and Google Pay) can be surcharged back to the customer, BPAY are excluded and will be charged to the MYOB Subscription holder. This can be viewed as compounded by the fact that you are not able to deactivate a particular payment method for your invoices (it's all payment methods or none).

To other users that come across this post that would like to see BPAY surcharging, I would recommend they show support for @Suzi_Byrom's idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange: Online Payments: BPay Surcharge. This will also be where we will be posting any new updates around that topic.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

50Posts

70Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Surcharge Fees NOT INCLUDED with Online BPAY Payments

Thank you for the reply @Steven_M and the recommendation and link back to the AccountRight Idea Exchange: Online Payments: BPay Surcharge

I must admit that after yesterdays update adding Apply Pay & Google Pay, the first thing I did was drill down through the info through MYOB's T&C's and Fees on the website to see whether the surcharge fee for these could be charged back to the clients and was very pleased to see that they could.

So ... if this is the case with Amex, VISA, Mastercard, Apple Pay and Google Pay, what is it about BPAY specifically that doesn't allow it to have the same "surcharge back to the client" functionality? Because your reply doesn't answer that part of my question.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post