Forum Discussion

ct20
Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Transactions showing in wrong account in Reconciliation

Please see attached photos. These 3 transactions are stuck in the 1-0002 Westpac Bank account in the Reconciliation Page. They were actually paid with an 'Electronic Payment' with many other payments...
    2 years ago

Hi ct20 

Based on the fact that the Reconcile Accounts screen is showing the actual purchase transaction it would indicate that the payment is not the problem here and it has likely gone to user-specified linked accounts of that transaction.

If it was me, I would be looking at going to the Purchases>>Transaction Journal and looking at the purchase transaction. Ideally, you should see Trade Creditors being a credit and an expense account being a debit (in a simple correct purchase). If you are seeing a different value i.e. the bank account being a debit then I would recommend investigating the accounts used on the transaction and that of the linked accounts if an item is involved.

Should you have used the incorrect accounts, it would be a case of updating the accounts on the purchase if possible. If not possible i.e. an item purchase you would need to delete the payments and purchases, update the linked account then redo those transactions.