Forum Discussion

KBE
User
2 years ago
Solved

Wrong payment date in MYOB transactions, with correct date in Electronic Payment

I process payments for our customers, later finding that I had entered the date as 21/12/2021 instead of 2022. The error was not discovered until after the Electronic Payment was process (under the c...
    2 years ago

Hi KBE 

The cleanest way would be deleting the electronic payment recorded, then delete the Pay Bills transaction(s) with the wrong date, re-record the bill payments with the correct dates then record the electronic payment transaction again, the .ABA file can be discarded. This does mean that if the electronic payment transaction is already reconciled, you'd need to undo bank reconciliation of that period then redo it once the correct transactions are recorded.

Another option would be reversing the wrong Pay Bills transactions, record the reversal on the same 2021 date then record the bill payments on the correct date. Then go to Prepare Electronic Payments, tick the negatives and positives, net amount should be $0 then record it.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.