Xero "Cash Coding" equivalent in MYOB AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MandyBK
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Xero "Cash Coding" equivalent in MYOB AccountRight

Hi team,

I use Xero for one business and MYOB another. I really like the functionality of the Cash Coding in Xero where I can individually select multiple random transactions and quickly allocate them all to have the same card, payee name, account code etc for transactions that I cannot create a 'rule' for as the transaction detail and amount is always different (but I know they can all be receipted to the same account code).

I would really like to find the same functionality in MYOB - we receive a lot of payments that can all be allocated exactly the same, but which will never have any common wording or amount and therefore cannot be automatically assigned under a rule. IE a patient payment to our bank account will always have a different surname/invoice number and amount (these are not a payment to a MYOB invoice - just receipted to a central general account as a general patient payment). I am having to spend over an hour each month simply going through typing the exact same thing over and over to each transaction to get these allocated the same. 

If there is a quicker way to go about this please let me know! The option to just select all of the multiple transactions from the feed and decide their account in one go would be ideal!

Thanks,

Mandy

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Xero "Cash Coding" equivalent in MYOB AccountRight

Hi @MandyBK 

Bulk allocation of banking transactions is a feature available in the AccountRight browser interface:

1. Navigate to Banking>>Bank transactions
  2. Select the desired transaction(s) you wish to bulk allocate (or the check box in the header)
  3. Choose the Account and Tax code you wish to allocate the transactions with
  4. Select Allocate

Capture.PNG

Note: If you are needing the transaction to be allocated with a Contact it would currently need to be allocated individually.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

MandyBK
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Xero "Cash Coding" equivalent in MYOB AccountRight

This is FANTASTIC news thanks Steven I hadn't even considered the online version to try.

Thanks so much! So glad I asked. 

Mandy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post