Forum Discussion

Sally058
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Bank Feeds

Hi , I have by accident cancelled my bank feeds for my main trading account. Have since set up bank feed again, but thought it would just activate same account again but no. In bank feeds it has set up a new account, now I have two bank main trading accounts with same numbers  and won't work. Cannot combine, make inactive, cannot change numbers or account name. Have tried combineing Accounts no go

• Ok hard ahead thanks

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

HI Sally058 

Are you able to clarify exactly what is not working?

As each bank feed is treated separately within your company file, you would need to assign an account to it. You cannot have the same account within your file associated to two different bank feeds.

Whilst you can change an associated account, you will need to unmatch any matched transactions on that account, which also involves undoing all bank reconciliations that use those transactions. Once all transactions have been unmatched you will be able to change the associated account on the cancelled bank feed.

Alternatively you could create a new bank account in your chart of accounts and at the start of a month swap over to using that instead of the previous bank account

Sally058
      Experienced Cover User

Ok hard ahead thanks