Bank feeds during Forensic fixes

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank feeds during Forensic fixes

Hi Folks

I have never used bank feeds - I am told they are great to use! - OK take your word for it.

My problem is I am cleaning up an AR 2019.2 file that has been murdered by someone who is highly qualified and was paid to not murder it - I say nothing.

Anyway I have had to reverse reconciliation right back to 30/6/17 then work single step forward using the bank statement to reconcile and cleanup.

It is all fine when I just need to select something already there - but if it isn't or the entry is wrong and I select I get this VERY annoying message about bank feeds/matched previous and what I am doing might stuff things - or words similarSmiley Happy

I dutifully ignore - and they got so annoying I went looking - bank feeds - and trying to turn them off - change things but all were protected by passwords - I have been given full admin rights but there is also a bank feed password??

The bottom line is bank feeds matching are going to be destroyed and well out of balance - and I want to turn them off and move the 3 bank accounts (off line then create new bank accounts when I go back online with bank feeds - and stop thos irritating warnings.

Can someone give me a heads up on what I need to do and the best way to do all this.

The Doc

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Bank feeds during Forensic fixes

Hi @The_Doc 

If you do have access to the Banking>>Bank Feeds window i.e it is not greyed out and not selectable, then you should have access to the window. If you are not an AccountRight Live Administrator or Owner on that file that you would be able to get the bank transactions in but from the sounds of it the transactions are already in. The only thing I should mention is that you can have read-only access to the window, if required, so you might want to check your user role to see if that is the case.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I do have access to all the bank feed windows - nothing greyed out - but I am trying to get rid of the annoying warning everytime I llok at a entry in MYOB bank account that has a feed - I have reveresed reconciliation right back to 30/6/17 from June19 - so have 1000s of entries to sift and reconcile again - correctly.

But everytime I select an entry I get 

"Changing this transaction may undo the approval and unmatch it ... This transaction has been matched with a Bank Feed..... etc"- and it is painful,cumbersome and unnecessary because this file has been murdered and incorrectly matched.

If I go to Bank Feeds and select - delete bank account I get shout out to my hhg@... my.myob.com.au logon and the bank feed setup for this file - I appear to be an administrator.

Can I turn off these warnings - somehow?

eg. in Manage Bank Accounts - status - change the associated account - as I do want to start the process afresh once I have reconciled back to a correctly reconciled bank account.

The Doc

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @The_Doc 

The warnings are always enabled for those transactions that you have matched with a bank feed transaction. The only way to remove that warning would be to umatch those bank feed transactions with the associated AccountRight transaction i.e. go to Banking>>bank feeds>>change the display to be approved and a suitable date range before navigating to the bank feed transaction to select the Undo option. 

Do note that if you wish to change the associated account, that all transactions will need to be unreconciled and unmatched to change that associated account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post