Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

Get rid of inactive accounts on reports

Hello,

I don't want my reports (eg. P&L statement) to show inactive reports.

Also, I try combining but some logics in the business have change, so I cannot combine "Cost of Sales" and "Expenses". Also cannot delete because it has too many transactions in the past.

Is there a way of just not showing them in my reports.

Cheers

• Hi maldunate 

Thanks for your post.  When looking at reports like the Profit & Loss, if a transaction has been posted to an account in the date range you are reporting on, the account will be included in the report regardless of whether the account is inactive or not. This is because that transaction is a part of the P&L figures for that date range. If there are no transactions for an inactive account in a filtered date range, the account will not appear on the report.

If you are finding that all accounts are appearing in your P&L, check that Include Zero Balances is not ticked.

In regard to combining accounts, you cannot combine accounts that are of a different account type. So you can only combine an Expense account with another Expense account, or a Cost of Sales account with another Cost of Sales account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi maldunate 

Thanks for your post.  When looking at reports like the Profit & Loss, if a transaction has been posted to an account in the date range you are reporting on, the account will be included in the report regardless of whether the account is inactive or not. This is because that transaction is a part of the P&L figures for that date range. If there are no transactions for an inactive account in a filtered date range, the account will not appear on the report.

If you are finding that all accounts are appearing in your P&L, check that Include Zero Balances is not ticked.

In regard to combining accounts, you cannot combine accounts that are of a different account type. So you can only combine an Expense account with another Expense account, or a Cost of Sales account with another Cost of Sales account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.