Forum Discussion

Preshs_Oz
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Inventory - Limiting Staff Access

Hi there,   Is it possible somehow to limit certain user access to "view" the Item List only? Not to drill down to each item. Essentially, just be able to F5 (refresh) screen so as stock count re...
    4 years ago

Hello Preshs_Oz 

When you say you made the Warehouse role Read-Only, can I confirm this was done not only in the 'Inventory' options screen of Manager Roles, but also straightaway upon creation in Manage Users?

I created a Warehouse User and gave their role the same parameters you indicated (Item History is available to completely untick in the Inventory screen) and set everything possible there to Read-Only as well. 

It does seem that this is the default most limited access if you want the user to be able to view the item list; I was unable to find a workaround that would prohibit them from being able to click into each item. However, within each item, I was unable to effect any changes. Even overtyping figures within the Selling or Buying details, for example, did nothing, as there is no option to save those changes within Read-Only.