Forum Discussion

Robyn2017
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

MYOB bank reconciliation shows $54.00 less than bank statement withdrawals

I currently cannot reconcile our December 2018 bank statement because I am out of balance by $54.00 - the AccountRight withdrawals balance for December is $54.00 less than what the bank statement wit...
    LRBooks61
    6 years ago

Hi Robyn,

Take a deep breath............

I am making the following assumptions

That there are no outstanding entries in your bank account

As you have undone your reconciliatons to the start of the last financial year,I would start by going into the reconciliation screen as at 30/6/2018 and enter the ending balance as at that date.

At this stage the out of balance should be 0.00. If not it would indicate that the problem is a transaction prior to June 30 2018.

If that reconciles correctly , then proceed reconciling every month .

As all your transactions are there it should be relatively easy.

But what I would advise you to do is to check the cleared balance as you go which will help you identify where the problem is. 

Sometimed the more you look the less you see.............

eg. Cleared Balance 100

deposit  250  Balance  sbe 350

withdrawal  271 balance s/be 79 .

If however the withdrawal was entered incorrectly as 217 the balance in myob will be 133.

If you mark evertthing at once you won't see where the error in the balance actually is .

Failing that..................there is a report inthe accounts section. Audit trail which will show you what transactions have been edited or deleted using session dates and transaction dates . This may be useful too.

So frustrating I know......................rememeber too that you can always lock a period once you have reconciled ( setup, preferences)

Hope this helps

good luck

Lisa