Retained Earning Journal

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
FineBit
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Retained Earning Journal

Hi All

I understand that MYOB automatically rolls over last year's earnings to Retained Earning at the beginning of a new Financial Year.
I can see this adjustment or journal from the Journal Listing at the beginning of my previous Financial Year (1/07/2021).

However, for my new FY of 2022, I realised this journal did not appear in the journal listing, but the Balance Sheet was updated (Retained Earnings successfully included last year's earnings).

Can someone please tell me why this is so? And how can I fix this?
Any tips and advice are highly appreciated.

Thank you
Jamna

1 REPLY 1
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,869Posts

101Kudos

410Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Retained Earning Journal

Hi @FineBit 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I would suggest opening the AccountRight file desktop to browser version. Check the business setting if it is in the correct financial year. Go to Banking >> select Find transactions >> type end of year to see the list of journals.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post