Forum Discussion

Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Shortcut icon

Good morning - since my last upgrade to 2021.4.1, I cant seem to put an icon to my desktop shortcut for MYOB, I just have a blank white square.

When I right click to go to properties where I can usually change the icon etc. I just get a dialog box saying:

"Windows can't find the file

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\MYOB\AccountRight\app-2...\silent_installer.ico."

How can I fix this please?  Note: If I double click on the white square (shortcut) it still opens MYOB but for the life of me I can't re-set the icon.

Where would the 2021.4.1 MYOB files be stored...?  Under Program Files (x86)\MYOB\AccountRight, I seem to only have folders for 2019.4 and 2020.1API Installer and Server.

Steven_M
    3 years ago

Hi Aileen_6300 

AccountRight 2021.4 is the latest version of the installer and based on what you are describing you have at least around that version installed on your computer.

My recommendation would be to navigate to where the program is installed to. Would typically be the following path - note: AppData is a hidden folder so you would need Windows enabled to show the hidden files and folders

C:\Users\---username--\AppData\Local\Programs\MYOB\AccountRight 

You would be looking for the AccountRight.exe or Huley.Application.exe. When make yourself a shortcut and place it on the Desktop.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Aileen_6300 

Sounds like the shortcut you do have is a link to the installer, not the application thus you have a different icon. My recommendation would be:

1. Go to the Windows Start Menu
    2. Type "AccountRight" 
      -- You should get the MYOB AccountRight app appearing:
    3. Select the Open file location. This should open a File Explorer window with the application highlighted.
    4. It would then be a matter of generating a shortcut from the (right-click Create Shortcut). Then copying it to the desktop or desired folder location.
      Aileen_6300
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Steve

Thanks for that info, but on typing AccountRight it finds the 2019.1 version not the current one.  I continued just the same thinking it would maybe set-up the icon and when I click on it it would take me to the latest updated version on my computer.  But after creating the shortcut, when I went to open it, it's saying there is a newer version and to click the button to update/install the newest version.  So I went back and typed AccountRight_2021 and it doesn't take me to any files on my computer just a list of web links under best match - most are announcements from the forum stating that 2021.4 update is available etc.

Any other suggestions?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Aileen_6300 

AccountRight 2021.4 is the latest version of the installer and based on what you are describing you have at least around that version installed on your computer.

My recommendation would be to navigate to where the program is installed to. Would typically be the following path - note: AppData is a hidden folder so you would need Windows enabled to show the hidden files and folders

C:\Users\---username--\AppData\Local\Programs\MYOB\AccountRight 

You would be looking for the AccountRight.exe or Huley.Application.exe. When make yourself a shortcut and place it on the Desktop.