Forum Discussion

VictoriaB
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

New Company file user unable to log in - icon beside User ID

I have set us a new Company file user. She is able to get into all the company files ecept one. When she enters her user name (which matches the name in Manage User Access), a message says "the ID or password you entered is incorrect". In Manage User Acess, there is a symbol which looks like a person with a speach bubble, appearing next to her name, which I have not seen for anyone else, so not sure what this means. She has tried selecting and unselecting the option to sign on with a my.MYOB account.

Komal_S
    5 years ago

Hi VictoriaB ,

This icon means that you have invited the user as an "advisor" instead of a "user". 

Steven_M has explained this in depth on Having Trouble adding a new user post. Please refer to this link and you would be able to invite the user correctly again. 

Please reach out if you need further assistance. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi VictoriaB

Thank you for your post, so I can investigate can you please attach a screenshot of her User access window with the symbol ?

Note; please hide any sensitive information. 

VictoriaB
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Melissa, please see icon below:

Please see icon:

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi VictoriaB ,

This icon means that you have invited the user as an "advisor" instead of a "user". 

Steven_M has explained this in depth on Having Trouble adding a new user post. Please refer to this link and you would be able to invite the user correctly again. 

Please reach out if you need further assistance.