Forum Discussion

SBB261
Experienced Cover User
5 days ago

Unable to restore company file online

Hi, I've been trying to restore a company file online and it keeps saying "Unable to restore - An error occurred while restoring this company file. No changes were madeto your online file."

I have tried re-booting my computer a few times and MYOB is still unable to restore. I have to do the payroll so this is urgent.

Please help.

Regards,

Susan

5 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SBB261,

I understand you're encountering an error message when trying to restore your company file online. Upon checking your account, it looks like you've already used one online file slot. To add another file online, you'll need an additional Company Data File (CDF) subscription. There are two common reasons for the error you're seeing:

• Email address uploading the file might not be the online owner/administrator.
    • The file you're trying to upload might already exist online.

To help narrow down the issue, could you let me know if you're trying to replace an existing online file or if you're attempting to add a new file? 

Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Princess

SBB261
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Princess,

I only have 1 company file that I restore online every week to do the payroll and the rest of the time, I work offline. I am just trying to replace the existing online file with an updated file.

Regards,

Susan

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi SBB261 

You sound like you know what you are doing (restoring and not uploading, and it is the same file ID as the existing online file) - as you have done this all before - likely many times.

I have 3 suggestions you can try:

• restart your computer
        • clear the AR cache
        • consider using STP Creator - seems you are only going online due to STP. STP Creator works with offline AR2024 files and allows much more flexibility, allows you to check everything before lodging, and allows you to delete payroll if recorded incorrectly. Bit of a learning curve, as with MYOB's STP but once setup reporting takes 2-5 minutes per pay period.

Regards

Gavin