Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Accounts List: Hide Inactive Accounts

Experienced Partner

73Posts

53Kudos

1Solutions

73 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

It would be good to be able to hide the inactive accounts in the Account Lists screen.  Also to hide the closed bank accounts in the Company Data Auditor - Account Reconciliation screen.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

Within the AccountRight Browser interface the Chart of accounts will showcase the accounts list without inactive accounts being listed. Want to see the inactive accounts? There is an on-screen option to show inactive accounts.

Please note: The AccountRight desktop application will show both (active and inactive) accounts in the Accounts List. Their status will be denoted by the selection arrow - blue for active and grey for inactive. 

12 Comments
LeanneM
Experienced Partner
62 Posts
Experienced Partner
It would also be great to be able to run a balance sheet that includes accounts with a zero balance and excludes accounts marked at inactive
MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Since it is near impossible to delete an account now with any activity on it, even from years ago, is there any consideration to being able to hide inactive accounts from the chart of accounts display.  I inherited a mess and the number of obsolete account lines is nearly more than the active ones, yet I have to view them all.   GRRRR.....

rpvcn
2 Posts
Cover User

I have multiple inactive accounts in the accounts list that make it incredibly tedious for current workflow - it seems only logical to be able to hide them from the accounts list once they are made in active - is there any hope this will become an option?

EC1
2 Posts
User

It would be really good to be able to hide inactive accounts when just looking at the accounts without having to print each time.  With all the upgrades this seems to still be an issue.  It can be done with every other list, but not accounts.  I don't want to have to go through over 500 accounts on my list to see just 20 that I have kept active.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

This. And the job list. Pleeeeeease.

KeepingMyBooks
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Are Any of the account able to be deleted ?

MelPu
1 Post
User

Yes this! so many inactive accounts taht come up every time. It drives me mad! 

@VickiS wrote:

It would be good to be able to hide the inactive accounts in the Account Lists screen.  Also to hide the closed bank accounts in the Company Data Auditor - Account Reconciliation screen.

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I inherited a poorly set up MYOB file and we can no longer purge information. There are now 476 accounts which is ridiculous for a company our size.  

Some accounts haven't been used since 2008 - 2012 but cant delete either becuase a it has a job history or a journal entry on it!!  combined some accounts to an "old" account file, but again if it ever had a job an accoutn won't combine. 

Go to set budgets and same thing - every useless old account shows - why would I be setting a budget on an inactive account and want 476 of them to show.  The default should be ACTIVE ACCOUNTS - that is what is used for budgeting and access of accounts - give the option to show inactive, but it should not be the only option.

PLEASE MAKE ACTIVE ACCOUNTS THE DEFAULT ... 

miriamm
4 Posts
User

Hi

The Accounts list shows Inactiva Accounts as default however it would be better if automatically inactive accounts could be hidden and a tick to show (if necessary)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Within the AccountRight Browser interface the Chart of accounts will showcase the accounts list without inactive accounts being listed. Want to see the inactive accounts? There is an on-screen option to show inactive accounts.

Please note: The AccountRight desktop application will show both (active and inactive) accounts in the Accounts List. Their status will be denoted by the selection arrow - blue for active and grey for inactive.