Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Backup: Disclaimer that company files in the cloud still require user backups

Cover User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

I have spoken with quite a few users who think that if their company file is online they no longer need to back it up.

Perhaps MYOB could include in the instructions for online set up a disclaimer to the effect that having your company file online does not replace the need to back up. 

"Backing Up Online Company Files"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for the great idea PY12. You are certainly right it needs to be made clear that having a file online doesn't replace the need for making regular backups. Maybe we could have a prompt when closing the software advising the last time a backup was made. Please show your support if you like this idea.

2 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the great idea PY12. You are certainly right it needs to be made clear that having a file online doesn't replace the need for making regular backups. Maybe we could have a prompt when closing the software advising the last time a backup was made. Please show your support if you like this idea.
KTL
4 Posts
Cover User

Only new to the online, but very hard to get out of the habit of backing up to a usb and an external hard drive. I still wish to do the back ups as I have 5 years of work that I don't want anything to happen to. Better to be safe than sorry. The only problem is the length of time it takes to back it up, as I want to take it off site for safe keeping