Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi JayA, 

Although this thread isn't really the place to discuss this, I will confirm that the AccountRight Live version of Enterprise is in development, because this version has a lot more features than our basic programs I'm sure that you can appreciate that it takes longer to develop them. If you have any queries about this please feel free to send me a private message.

Shazs
Experienced Cover User
57 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Not good enough to add to Accountright Live and not to all MYOB versions. As said above we can email or print everything else why not receipts?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Shazs 

As mentioned to Jenny above, the feature would certainly be available to all AccountRight 2013 users, not just those who take advantage of Live services. AccountRight Live is the name we use for our new platform to differentiate from our classic (v19 and earlier) products.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

kindy3
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Any idea when this may be implemented?  We have started a new year and are still waiting.

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I will join the bandwaggon. I can not believe MYOB is so behind in emailing receipts. Please hurry up with the upgrade...it appears to be getting stretched out hoping we will all go "live", but this doesn't suit everyone!

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

It is extremely disappointing to note that this "new idea" is being planned but only for AccountRight Live users; unless this comment is incorrect:-

Thanks for the suggestion. The ability to email receipts is currently planned for AccountRight Live users.

I do hope it is not just for 'Live' users like Bank Feeds.

Perhaps someone from MYOB may confirm it.......???????

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TonyLane 

As mentioned above, any features introduced will be available to all AccountRight users, whether they choose to take advantage of Live services or not.

Thanks for your interest,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

JKB
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

You can email a receipt - it would be heaps easier to have the function in MYOB but in the meantime install a free programme called Cute PDF.  It shows up as a printer.  So when you go to print select this printer, it prompts you to save the PDF somewhere on your computer then you can simply email that PDF receipt to your customer. 

JKB
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

As an interim measure install Cute PDF a free programme.  When printing select Cute PDF as your printer this will launch and prompt you to save the PDF on your computer.  Save it and then email it to your clients.

kindy3
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

An update on this fix would be appreciated.  Using the PDF Printer is time consuming, if we can email statements, invoices spayslips ect how hard is it put a fix in to email receipts?

Thank you JKB for your suggestion re the PDF Printer.