Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Enable quotes to be closed off when not converted to invoices

Experienced Cover User

15Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I currently have several open Quotes which have been submitted to Customers but they have decided not to go ahead. I would like to be able to close these off so that I can maintain a history rather than just delete them.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Great idea Marg. Anyone else who would like to close unused quotes and retain them, please vote for this idea, so that we can see how popular it is.

25 Comments
trimbojd
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

It would help if there was some way to make quotes inactive without having to delete the information they contain. If a customer never accepts a quote - we don't need them to stay active in the system and be continually called up in reports - what we do need however is for the quote itself to remain there for reference purposes.

For example if I enter a quote for a customer in Jan and they don't take up the offer then - I want to be able to make it as an inactive quote - with all the pricing and product details it was created with. When we then contact the customer in July - I want my sales people to have access to this historical info.

Any chance of this being a feature please?

Thanks

Joe Trimboli

ToothFairy
1 Post
User

I agree, really need this feature. Sometimes I have to do several quotes with various options and only one is approved. At the moment, I print the quote that I want to delete and file it with my invoices so the numbers stay in order, then I print to PDF and archive the quote in my client's folder on my hard drive. Obviously time consuming and not ideal.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Again MYOB, I ask that you allow us the option to send e'mails directly to an SMTP server.  Firstly, it would support the standard convention of allowing us to enter two e'mail addresses, separated by a comma or colon character and imediately resolve a number of the above requests.

It would also allow me to e'mail anything from MYOB as I am unable to run Outlook and therefore I cannot e'mail *anything* from MYOB.

Alan

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Great idea Marg. Anyone else who would like to close unused quotes and retain them, please vote for this idea, so that we can see how popular it is.
GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

I have used other accounting software which has feature.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

This  would be a great feature - I have voted for it!

GBMW
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Brilliant idea - great audit tracking

XLNT
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have several open Quotes which I want to close off as the customer has not accepted them.  I don't want to delete them completely though as I may want to refer back to that quote if the customer returns in the future.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @XLNT 

This idea was originally submitted a month ago on this "new idea" Enable Quotes to be Closed Off when Not Converted to Sales

Please vote for it; the more votes it receives the greater the chance it will be implemented.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

XLNT
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

oops, newby to to the community I listed this request also, awesome that I was notified of this one so I have voted Smiley Happy