Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Export to Excel: Remove account number indentations

Experienced Cover User

28Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

We recently upgraded to live version, 2016.  In previous version 19 we were able to send reports with account codes to Excel without "indentations" and existing vertical lookup formulas worked well.  NOw, however, it sends them with "indentations" which are unable to be got rid of easily.  I feel that reports being sent to Excel should go with very little formatting, and certainly not these "indentations".  I am awre that formulas can be written to remove them, but we shouldn't have to go to that trouble when it worked perfectly well with the old version. (see attached screen shots).

"Accounts codes transferring to Excel"

Capture2 2016.2.PNG
Capture2 2016.2.PNG
Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the account number and name indentation on reports sent to Excel have been removed.

Attachment.PNG

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available

4 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agree and have voted

RoebuckMS
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What are the formula's to remove the indentation?  I am aware of =Trim(A1) etc.  But is there another?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

We are in development of a way in which to remove those account indentations from Excel spreadsheets templates used with AccountRight.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the account number and name indentation on reports sent to Excel have been removed.

Attachment.PNG

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available