Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll Reporting (STP): Prior payroll years data

6Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
User
New
New

Hi MYOB,

you recently made prior years EOFY finalisation information unavailable -i.e 2019/2020 and have only allowed the prior year and current year to be seen in the EOFY tab e.g. 2020/2021 & 2021/2022.

I would like to suggest that you allow all previous years EOFY finalisatoin information and reports to be available so accountants and bookkeepers can check what has been reported to the ATO and confirm the finalisation process has been completed.

I understand wanting to lock prior years so no amendments can be done due to timing, but we should still be able to view this information and download reports to have supporting evidence should we need to contact the ATO for any reason.

"STP Reporting Centre - EOFY previous years STP Finalisation data and reports made available"

2 Comments
MD23
1 Post
User

Would you believe it? Until now (2024) MYOB still has not rectified this issue. I have the same problem trying to assist one of our clients to submit a finalisation declaration to the ATO for FY 2021-2022 (newly onboarded client who uses MYOB). The MYOB agent I spoke with says that I should lodge a manual declaration to the ATO. How would I do this? When I tried to access the Payroll Reporting Centre to see if there is an option to do it manually there (thinking perhaps generating an EMPDUPE? - there is no instruction wahtsoever, wheresoever) but it would direct me to the same ridiculous prior year and current year dropdown menu. MYOB is lagging behind other software providers whose products are way more user friendly and support is topnotch.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @MD23,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

I understand your frustration with the limitations of MYOB's STP reporting center. Currently, MYOB's STP reporting center only covers the current and previous payroll years. If you need to adjust or finalize your EOFY prior to the previous payroll year, you'll need to contact the ATO to manually lodge.

Regarding the request to enhance the STP reporting center to include prior years up to the previous payroll year, this is currently awaiting product development. While I can't offer a specific ETA for when this will be implemented, please know that our team is actively working on it. I've also added your post to the raised ticket for documentation purposes.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess