Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Print/Email Invoices: Print invoices alphabetically

Experienced Cover User

34Posts

36Kudos

1Solutions

34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

We print approx 50-80 invoices per day then sort them alphabetically.  I would love to see an option to print them alphabetically.

"'Printing invoices Alphabetically"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2016

Hi Everyone 

With the release of AccountRight 2016.1 the printing of invoices (and statements) are now completed by the way in which they are sorted in the Print/Email window.

For more information into obtaining AccountRight 2016.1 please see AccountRight 2016.1 now available

28 Comments
KimHamill
3 Posts
Cover User

Printing invoices alphabetically should be a stock standard feature of all MYOB products.

Kim Hamill

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I hope this will be in the next release??? - should not be too diffiuclt to implement. I have voted for it.

Helen_Y
1 Post
Cover User

Another month ended and it is such a time wasted to have to sort the invoices.  Surely in this age of computers it should be able to be done.  Please. 

Helen

WAE
2 Posts
User

A year or 2 ago MYOB added the feature to print statements in alphabetical order which was good. However may small business such as mine also send out customer invoices with the statement. Haveing the function to print invoices in alphabetical order aswell would save me personally a couple of hourse a week and im sure more for other bigger businesses.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

Better yet, would be a tick box in the "print/email statement" window that allowed you to print/email statement AND all open invoices, or in "activity" statement, print/email ALL invoices in the period. That way, the statement and invoices would be either emailed together, or printed together rather than having to be matched up later!

Currently, we have to print all the statements, then go through each statement and print the open invoices one by one for each statement, then match them up and post them. VERY time consuming and frustrating at end of month!

Jillus
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It is such a waste of time at the end of the month to sort all the invoices into alphabetical order.  It takes 2 hours extra each month to do this, when it is just a simple data base comand, and I'm sure could be fixed easily.  Please get onto this because after sorting over 500 invoices a month for 25 years, I am over it!

Jillus
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It is such a waste of time at the end of the month to sort all the invoices into alphabetical order.  It takes 2 hours extra each month to do this, when it is just a simple data base comand, and I'm sure could be fixed easily.  Please get onto this because after sorting over 500 invoices a month for 25 years, I am over it!

AwapuniRacing
1 Post
Cover User

Even when we sort the invoices in number order and the statements in alphabetical order they still print out in a completely random order! It is THE biggest waste of time to have to sort through them all every single month. This is supposed to be a professional accounting software so having to deal with this is a joke.

A colleague called the 'support' line and was told that only 14 different companies had made the same complaint and this was not enough for the tech team to write a program to fix it! How is that right?!!!

They also said we were welcome to use Xero or QuickBooks, I'm pretty sure their boss wouldn't be too happy they were sending customers away.

If we can get more people to call in to complain hopefully we can get some action as I am sure you are all as fed up as I am!!!!

Raceinc
1 Post
Cover User

After numerous complaints from our company to MYOB support in regards to the fact that the system can not print invoices out in alphabetical/numerical order leading to days of wasted time by staff having to resort invoices into numerical order.  Then to be told by customer support that maybe we should be using XERO instead as they have only had 14 complaints from clients about this problem so it is not high on the priority list!!!!  You can imagine how annoyed we have become with MYOB.  Surely this is an easy fix ALL OTHER ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS can complete this task with no problem.  We have been complaining about this for the last 6 months!!!  What is the support desk actually for???  obviously not to keep paying customers happy!  

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Come MYOB - this is basic stuff.  Address it or loose market share never to return.