Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Print/Email: Remove Un-emailed or unprinted From Print/Email Lists

928Posts

816Kudos

141Solutions

928 Posts
Admin
Australia

It would be great to be able to clean these areas out periodically without having to resort to printing to PDF or taking outlook offline

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2014

Thanks for your Suggestion Leanne, this sounds like it could be a real time saver and we would be happy to look into adding this into a future update. Other users who would like to see this added, please remember to vote too so we can see how much demand there is for this feature.

51 Comments
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Yes, very good.

Now what about the original request to be able to switch in bulk to "Already printed or emailed" for all those historical items?

Alan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AlanT

@Jenni65 was referring to the setting of a default for remittance advices. Changing the default will correct all transactions going forward. Previous transactions would currently need to be removed in accordance with Help Article: Removing transactions from the print or email queue. This particular idea is around having the option to remove those historical items without the need to follow one of those processes.

At this time, we don't have an update to provide on the status of this particular idea, however, I would encourage clients that would like to see it included to show their support by voting for it.

Jenni65
Contributing Cover User
28 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks Steven for the info re default for suppliers remittances. I will try it. I agree with Alan and all other MYOB customers, it would be easier to click on a button to delete all unprinted and unsent emails immediately.

Jenni65
Contributing Cover User
28 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Michael, I have tried your suggestion in the suppliers card to select a default of Already printed or emailed, when I go to pay suppliers, the default I chose doesnt come up, the "To be printed" comes up, what a waste of my time, what else do you suggest please?

Jenni65
Contributing Cover User
28 Posts
Contributing Cover User

my comment above was meant for the attention of Steven, sorry

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jenni65

In theory adding that default remittance advice setting should be appearing in the Pay Bills window when that supplier is selected. For example:

Attachment2.PNG

If you are experiencing a different situation we would need further information such as a screenshot or two so we can investigate further.

Jenni65
Contributing Cover User
28 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Steven, I pay some suppliers under Spend Money, eg Telstra, which I have as a recurring payment, also the phone bill, it should still apply in Spend Money for a supplier I have changed the default Remittance Advice shouldnt it?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jenni65

The default delivery remittance advice setting set on the Supplier's card is used for Pay Bill transactions for that particular supplier. Other transactions for that supplier's card,  such as Spend Money transactions, would require the user to manually set the required remittance advice delivery status on a per transaction basis.

PetDoc
2 Posts
Cover User

Almost impossible to clean up list of so called unsent or unprinted pay slips for years gone by although they had been done at the time in previous versions when not online. Don't know why they should be showing up now when some of those employees are long gone. You must provide an easier way to clean this up.

Tim7
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is a real pain when transfering over from AccountRight 19 and having used M-Power payments of years there are now hundereds of remittance advices stuck in this section.  I was going to use this feature to email suppliers when i paid them but maybe i'll just do what everyone else must be doing and not send any remittance advice.