Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
TR1
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This would be so handy.  Its great on the purchases side to be able to attach supporting documentation to an invoice.  To have this on the sales side of things would be fantastic. 

AliciaF1
2 Posts
User

When we have sales that have Purchase Orders or cancel and need to attach the cancellation notice from the client in the credit note, it would be great to have an in-tray / attachment function in Sales

I-am-a-believer
7 Posts
Cover User

In view of Skifoo comments this would be really handy if you have properties and receive rents through agents.  It would be great to attached their rental invoice to the income you take up in MYOB.  I think MYOB needs to get with the times as we have been requesting something similar to sales for a long time now.

Daintylou
1 Post
User

This is great if you could be able to view, delete or download a file that is attached to a transaction.  I have normally emailed out our invoices along with their timesheets as attachment so it would be great if you are able to view the attachment side by side when creating an invoice then make a file available as an attachment and automatically shows on the online version of the invoice and, an option to include them as an email attachment each time you send the invoice to a customer and, able to send invoices by batch  along with their attachments.  At the moment, we are emailing invoices individually to customers as we are unable to attach file when sending through batch email.

Sandrad62
5 Posts
Cover User

This would be great for attaching recipient created tax invoices that we receive from some customers.

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have voted for this for 2 reasons 

1 Its a great idea but we should be able to add as much information as we need and 

2 Any changes would be great that improve the functionality of MYOB 

But so far very little has been forthcoming

It would be awesome to be able to add anything to a Invoice or Purchase but imagine what it would be like when we could add as much as we would like or as needed to an Invoice, Purchase or Item  

Here is a direct quote from a Myob Moderator re getting any true functionality between any parts of Myob that will help US (the users) improve the operational efficiency of our business while ever we continue to stick with MYOB 

AccountRight sales and purchases are separate modules within the product and for the majority of interactions don't talk to each other. For example, you are not able to purchase stock and then reserve that stock exclusively for a pre-existing or newly created sale. If that functionality is required there may be third-party available apps that would complete that process for you. A range of these third-party apps can be found via the MYOB App Marketplace.

Notice even the wording

“MAY” be a third party app

And in my experience that “not talking to each other” applies to almost all the “modules” of Myob

Cartillyer
2 Posts
User

I would love to be able to attach to sales and general journals. We receive a customer raised invoice from the stock saleyards that I would like to attach and also when we journal in expenses paid by director's personal account, it would be great to be able to attach the receipts to the journal. I would also love to be able to add a tick or note to items in the intray that can't be attached so I'm not wasting time opening them again and again to see what they are. Client would like to attach all documentation and loads it all into the intray. Now the items we can't attach get in the way. At least if I could mark them with a tick I'd know that I'd looked at them. 

SteveFen
9 Posts
Cover User

I would love to be able to add a PDF to sales and receive money such as remittance advise and delivery dockets to invoices

VoiceX
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We would also love this so we can attach the clients PO to the invoice also

ChrisBarnett
1 Post
User

Would like to be able to attach photos and/or documents to Sales Invoices, similar to what can be done with Purchases