When evaluating MYOB 2016.2 (after using MYOB 16 for years) i was quite surprised to see that very little progress seems to have been made, at least, in the areas where i use MYOB.
Specifically, it would be handy to have:
- Ability to set a default directory for saving invoices
- Ability to set a default directory for invoices on a per client basis
- Ability to set a invoice for to be used on a per client basis (one for time billing, one for "normal" sales)
- This would ease the process of billing our international customers (for example) - who we use a seperate invoice form (as they need different information)
- Ability to include the employee name on time-billing invoices
- Ability to track projects
- PO#, value, hours, charge rate/hour, lookup number of hours remaining (integration with time billing)
- Place some of the above information (such as hours remaining on PO) on a time billing invoice
The lack of these in MYOB 16 was concerning, but since there has been no movement in over 10 years, i have to ask - is MYOB just not intended for services based businesses? If not, thats fine... bit if it is, these seem like gaping emissions.
"Make MYOB a little friendlier for service-based businesses"