Error Code 0: Unexpected import error - Item is not sold or base selling price is not set!

Accounts_2
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error Code 0: Unexpected import error - Item is not sold or base selling price is not set!

Hi, 

I have tried importing into MYOB a few times and each time I amend the excel spreadsheet - it keeps giving me this error code. 

I went into my items and placed the correct information in the excel file and it still gives me this error code. 

Please see attached excel file and error log. 

HELP!!

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Re: Error Code 0: Unexpected import error - Item is not sold or base selling price is not set!

Hi @Accounts_2,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Thank you for sharing the import file and including the error log. After reviewing the error message you've encountered, it appears that there may be a problem with the item's selling status or base selling price in your import file. It seems that the item you're attempting to import hasn't been sold yet. When importing, it's crucial that this field matches a pre-existing item in the company file.

For more guidance on using an import template, I suggest reviewing this Help article: Using an Import Template. Additionally, you might find helpful insights in this Community Forum post that addresses similar issues.

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Accounts_2
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error Code 0: Unexpected import error - Item is not sold or base selling price is not set!

Hi, 

Thanks for replying.

"It seems that the item you're attempting to import hasn't been sold yet."

- I havent sold the item yet - I am trying to import it into MYOB as a invoice that is due. 

Is this the correct solution or is there another way I'm not aware of? 

thank you

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @Accounts_2,

Thanks for the response. To avoid the error you're seeing, it's important that the data you're importing matches the file's data format. A good way to do this is to first use the import template to export. This should align the data formats. For a step-by-step guide on this process, you can refer back to the article my colleague previously shared.

Feel free to post again if you require further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post