Forum Discussion

Rebecca711
Experienced User
16 days ago

Inventory Count Sheet - add Columns

Is it possible to add a column for the BIN numbers on this sheet?

7 Replies

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Rebecca711 , the Count inventory report doesn't have an option for bin numbers. Are you using locations for bin numbers? 

Rebecca711
      Experienced User

Hi James, yes we are using locations for bin.  I am trying to make this process as easy as possible - Print list by Bins, someone then data enter quantity easily using this sheet and not have to search parts.  I need list to reflect exact order of Location/ Bin Sheet

Rebecca711
      Experienced User

Hi James, hopefully last question, can I search by bin only when entering on the count sheet.  Control +Shift+F allows search but can only search part number of name

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Rebecca711 , there's no option to search by location, sorry to say.  Locations are mainly intended for use as separate locations, eg warehouses in one or more suburbs/cities. Reporting and transaction support is fairly basic.

Managing bins is probably quite complex due to the number of different bin numbers.

Rebecca711
      Experienced User

Does anyone have a solution or work around.  We will be using the Count Invetory sheet "Live" for our end of year stocktake  but the items numbers are not listed in BIN order so have to search for items which is quite time consuming as to ensure data accuracy we have to search for the exact Item Number.  Have looked at exporting data but even more time consuming and worried when we import that we will have to check items all items - we have around 5000 or more items.  Basically staff will use a printout stock sheet by BIN order, and manually tick off or adjust then give to admin to enter Live onto MYOB Accountright Count Inventory and I cannot seem to find a way to make this an easy option for our admin to data enter.  I am not even considering data entering onto excel spreadsheet as the Item Numbers when you go into Count Inventory are all over the place, our Item Numbers are all numeric to match up with our supplier Item Numbers so cannot change.  Help would be appreciated.  Thank you

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Rebecca711,

Thanks for sharing your post. At the moment, there isn't an option to add a column. I suggest submitting this suggestion to our product ideas page Product Ideas. Other users can see and vote for it, increasing the chance of our developers including it in a future update.

For further guidance, you can check out this help article: "Set up inventory items" and then proceed to "Optional item setup tasks"

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
        Earl