Forum Discussion

Culver
User
5 years ago
Solved

Inventory

Hi ,

Would appreciate if someone can advise on this issue.

We have somehow built up our inventory items considerably over the last few years. I would like to scale this down to a 3rd of its size, and revamp our "Item list" by adding new items nos to replace many of the old items nos. 

I understand that our old items cannot be deleted, even though they are not needed in the future. Besides the option of making the old Items inactive and adding "zzz's" as a prefix, How do I get around moving forward with this new inventory list and not having all of the "old Item"nos still hanging around.

Thanking you

• Hi Culver 

If you were starting a new file then you could look at exporting out the item list from the existing file and editing that information in Excel or a similar third party program to remove the excess items. This can then be imported into a new file to start out with a much smaller list.

If you were not starting a new file then the best you could do would be to mark the item as inactive and add zzz to the item name and number. Marking the item as inactive will stop it from being selectable in sales and purchases, and adding zzz to the item number and name will group them at the bottom of the item list

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi Culver 

If you were starting a new file then you could look at exporting out the item list from the existing file and editing that information in Excel or a similar third party program to remove the excess items. This can then be imported into a new file to start out with a much smaller list.

If you were not starting a new file then the best you could do would be to mark the item as inactive and add zzz to the item name and number. Marking the item as inactive will stop it from being selectable in sales and purchases, and adding zzz to the item number and name will group them at the bottom of the item list