Forum Discussion

ledzeppago15
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Missing inventory and customer detail on invoice app

Hi, ive just noticed after the latest upgrade of account right  some inventory items and customer detail are not longer visible  on the invoice app. Even thou they are listed on my main  office pc.

Ive cleared the cache and reinstalled  the app. without success

Kinly advise 

Phil

• Hi ledzeppago15 

Occasionally, this situation will generate when you do have a large number of items/contact records. As the system will only pull can so much data from the AccountRight company file. If you do have a larger list of data you may want to look at inactivating older records that are possibly no longer going to be used to free up the list of contacts and items for the MYOB Invoices app. You can inactive a record by opening that record and selecting the Inactive option on the record.

In addition to that, we've seen some cases of the app not showing records until the card has been opened and resaved in AccountRight. So if you are not seeing a record it may be worth opening that record in the Desktop application and selecting the Ok button to resave that record.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi ledzeppago15 

Occasionally, this situation will generate when you do have a large number of items/contact records. As the system will only pull can so much data from the AccountRight company file. If you do have a larger list of data you may want to look at inactivating older records that are possibly no longer going to be used to free up the list of contacts and items for the MYOB Invoices app. You can inactive a record by opening that record and selecting the Inactive option on the record.

In addition to that, we've seen some cases of the app not showing records until the card has been opened and resaved in AccountRight. So if you are not seeing a record it may be worth opening that record in the Desktop application and selecting the Ok button to resave that record.

ledzeppago15
      Experienced User

thanks steven  what is the  maximum number  of items i can have ?

ive commenced deleting old unused inventory over the past few days and ill keep deleting  - but  ive noticed today  what i had thought to have deleted is still  there  ...... strange!!!

also i noticed  some very old quotes  dating back from 2003  onwards have  suddenly appeared in my app. list....   very starnge !!!  (whch ive deleted  today)

Has  someone from your dept attempted  to resolve this and re entererd  my old  inventory data  ?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi ledzeppago15 

There is no set number of items that you can have stored in an AccountRight database. However, the MYOB Invoices may only pull a portion of those items if there is a number of items. Note: There is no exact limit to the number of items that the MYOB Invoices app will pull. However, tidying up the item list would be the recommendation, if you do have a large number of unused/old items, to ensure that you are pulling only the current records.