Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Multi Currency - variance in Trade Creditors & Trade Debtors

Hi 

We use MYOB Multi Currency - Online AccountRight Premier V2023.10.0.   

Our Trade Debtors and Trade Creditors Reconciliations reports are showing Out of Balance Amounts that relate to USD denominated transactions from several years ago.  It appears to be some sort of exchange variance that MYOB has recorded behind the scenes in 2018-2019 when we upgraded to MYOB Accountright V2019-2.  We thought these may clear when we moved our file off our Server to an Online Version in 2022 but they are still there.

The value of the transaction varies from +/- $0.01 through to $49.84 and we can compile a list of these that make up the difference showing on the report.    We just want to clear these out of the reconciliation reports so our records are clean and accurate an show we balance.   However,  as the outstanding amounts do not show up within the card files themselves, we cannot see how we can fix this.

How do we do resolve this?

Thank you

Julie

4 REPLIES 4
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,924Posts

719Kudos

363Solutions

Re: Multi Currency - variance in Trade Creditors & Trade Debtors

Hi @Julie-G 

The most reliable report for this is using the reconcilation reports from the desk based version of MYOB - rather than the web base version. I have found that the web based version never balances.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Julie-G
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Jennie.   Our difference in the reports has been consistent now for a long time - I am thinking MYOB may need to go in behind the scenes and fix the particular entries causing us grief.

Julie

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Julie-G

Thank you for posting your concern in the forum. We appreciate your effort in sending this information so far. 

I'm sorry to hear about your Trade Creditors and Trade Debtors report not balancing. May I know if you checked the reports via the desktop version as @jenniek has suggested? If running these reports in the desktop version still produces the values with variance, please send us relevant screenshots and we'll help as best we can to find what's causing this. 

We look forward to your update. 

If you require any other assistance, feel free to post again in the forum. 

Thanks,
Genreve

Julie-G
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve

We generally use the Desktop version, and the Out of Balance Amount is the same in both Desktop and Web-based version.     The differences are listed against customer transactions in the 90+ column in the Receivables and Payables Reconciliations, relating to transactions dating back to 2018 and 2019. 

I cannot post screenshots of the customer data on a public page so have attached an example only of one customer showing a difference of $49.83.  

Thank you

Julie

MYOB out of balance example.PNG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post