Forum Discussion

ang2017
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

2020.3 Cannot delete a payroll transaction - System.ArgumentNull Exception

Hi,   Since upgrading to 2020.3 I cannot delete a payroll transaction and I get the following error message:   AccountRight 2020.3.24.318 Error information: System.ArgumentNull Exception   Plea...
    Jesh_D
    4 years ago

Hi ang2017 

Thank you for your response.

From my understanding, once a payroll has been reported it cannot be deleted. If you want to delete a pay that's already been reported to the ATO, you'll need to reverse it instead and then report the reversal to the ATO. In regards to this information not being in the release notes and the feedback on reversing a pay, I will be sure to let the appropriate teams know.

My apologies also for not clarifying what I meant by 'stop the services'. The AccountRight server service is a Windows service installed with AccountRight that accesses the data in your company file. In saying that, if your work around has worked then the work around above won’t be required. However, if the error occurs again, please try the above work around to check if it resolves the error you are receiving.

Once a fix is available I will be sure to let you know via this post. Please do let us know if you have any other questions or if I can be of further assistance.