Forum Discussion

KarenG46
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

ATO reporting for Employee NOT processed through STP

Hi there, 

I have recently started my STP reporting with the ATO and it's working brilliantly.  (less than 20 staff - so just started)

I have one employee who left the company BEFORE we started reporting with STP.

How do I bring him into the EOFY finalisations?  I have his card as active and have removed his termination date (as was suggested) however he still dosn't show on anything STP.

I understand he'll get a payment summary - but wondering if he should be coming over to the ATO and how do I do it if STP replaces the emdupe file?

Thank you in advance

Karen :smileyvery-happy:

(Account Right 2019)

• Hi KarenG46 

I haven't used STP in AR2019 however moderators have posted a solution to this issue. When you next do payroll, process a void $0 payroll for the terminated employee, that way they will be included in STP.

Once you have reported that employee as terminated and finalised, you do not have to issue a payment summary. Some employers have told me they will still provide a payment summary, just not send the empdupe file to the ATO. Some employees don't use myGov and some employers feel they must still provide something to the employees.

Regards

Gavin

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi KarenG46 

I haven't used STP in AR2019 however moderators have posted a solution to this issue. When you next do payroll, process a void $0 payroll for the terminated employee, that way they will be included in STP.

Once you have reported that employee as terminated and finalised, you do not have to issue a payment summary. Some employers have told me they will still provide a payment summary, just not send the empdupe file to the ATO. Some employees don't use myGov and some employers feel they must still provide something to the employees.

Regards

Gavin

KarenG46
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Gavin!

This makes perfect sense.

Really appreciate your reply.  

Regards

K

• I had the same issue, I paid them $1.00 to bring over the employee info.