Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

Bonus not showing as a gross payment

I am finalising payroll - but a bonus paid does not appear as part of the gross wages submitted, even though it is categorised as such.

• My problem has been solved - Susanna from the payroll team at MYOB solved the issue. I had ticked exempt from income tax in the payroll category which overrode the ATO classification. Unticked, then pushed through a zero payroll and all solved.  Thanks Susanna!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • My problem has been solved - Susanna from the payroll team at MYOB solved the issue. I had ticked exempt from income tax in the payroll category which overrode the ATO classification. Unticked, then pushed through a zero payroll and all solved.  Thanks Susanna!

DannyTangney
    Valued Cover User

Hi vernview 

You could try running a $0.00 payroll for an employee who received the bonus, then after it is showing as having been Sent to the ATO (which can take a while) check their Payment summary report from the EOFY Finalisation screen to see if that came through...

Regards,
    Danny

vernview
      User

I have tried this. No luck.

I looked at the payment summary (which I now do not give to the employee) and it is correct, so am perplexed why the EOFY report is different.  

I have been in a queue to MYOB for ages but obviously they are inundated with queries.  Understandable but this is not going to help me roll over the payroll year on Thursday.

Terry_W
    Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I think it is something to do with the pre-defiend payroll categories in MYOB. The Gross Pay on the STP window only includes the payroll categories you defiend as Gross Pay, which means other types of payment such as allowances, unused holiday pay, commisions, etc will not be included in the Gross Pay figure on the STP window.

What I have doen is to check the PAYG withholding figure on the STP window with my payment summaries verfication report to ensure they are match. I am not sure what each employee will see on their MyGove page (as I have not signed up one yet!) so hopefully all other payroll categories will be showing on their report but not just the 'understated' gross pay figure.

vernview
      User

The bonus is designated gross pay by me via payroll categories. The report does not pick it up.