Forum Discussion

jhay1
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Processing payroll defaults to bonus/commission

Hi, 

I have just transitioned to Single Touch Payroll Stage 2 and noticed that when I click on process payroll the 'process all employees paid' box is defaulting to bonus/commission rather than weekly. I've changed it to weekly and closed the window but when I go in again it's doing the same thing. Anyone know why this is happening?

• Hi CLARK1 

I just tested this in 2022.9 by:

1. going to Process payroll>>selecting Bonus/Comission as the Pay frequency>>recording a bonus payrun
    2. going back into Process payroll>>selecting Weekly>>recording a weekly payrun
    3. went back into Process payroll and the frequency defaulted to Weekly

If that is not happening for you try clearing the AccountRight cache and let me know how that goes.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi jhay1 

Thanks for your post. AccountRight will remember your last recorded selection. So if you change that option to weekly then process and record a pay run it should default to weekly the next time you go to process a pay run.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

jhay1
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey,

Thank you. It's now defaulting to weekly, so that's great.

Kind regards

Jenny

CLARK1
      User

Unfortunally that doesn't work, it always shows as Bonus/Commission even if I change it on a weekly basis.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi CLARK1 

I just tested this in 2022.9 by:

1. going to Process payroll>>selecting Bonus/Comission as the Pay frequency>>recording a bonus payrun
        2. going back into Process payroll>>selecting Weekly>>recording a weekly payrun
        3. went back into Process payroll and the frequency defaulted to Weekly

If that is not happening for you try clearing the AccountRight cache and let me know how that goes.