Forum Discussion

Basketball
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Contractor in Employee cards not accepted for STP2

Hi there, 

When searching for an answer to my query, I came across the following response for a similar setup re having a contractor on the Employee cards (for the purposes of being able to sleect as a Salesperson, but not for Payroll)

"For a card to appear in the Salesperson list for selection on an invoice you will need to set up them up with an Employee card i.e. Card File>>Card Lists>>Employee>>New.

If they are not to be paid by the company my recommendations would be to do the following:

• Set their Employment Basis to be "Other" - Payroll Detials>>Personal Details section
  • Set a termination date in their card to be 1 day after their listed start date - Payroll Detials>>Personal Details section

What this will do is set up the employee's card and also terminate them while not making them appear in payment summaries. As they are terminated they will not appear in Payroll but as their card is active they will appear in the Salesperson list for selection."

We have one contractor, for whom we do not need to be included on the payroll, but we wish to include them on the employee cards so that we can select as a Salesperson in invoicing.

BUT STP2 is saying we need to correct/add details for this contractor, even though selected as Other Not Reported for Employment basis.

(It was easy enough to add an address etc, but not sure what to enter for the following as contractor is a company essentially - can't really complete these other fields: DOB/Start date?/TFN/Income Type)

Is there a work around for this please, as don't want to have to make this card inactive for every payrun, just to be able to do pays.

Happy to be able to take off employee cards, but still need to be able to select as a salesperson in invoicing please?

Thanks

Basketball
    2 years ago

OK thanks I will try this

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GuardianScreens
    Contributing Cover User

I've been trying to find a solution to this problem as well as we have the same issue. 

By trying different things, I think I've found a work around.

I set the start date to 29/6/2022 and the end date to 30/6/2022 and the DOB to 1/1/2022 and the TFN to 000 000 000. 

This then allows me to process a payrun without errors and I can still select the employee as 'Salesperson' on an invoice. 

You would think selecting 'Employment Basis: Other (Not Reported)' would be enough, instead of this clunky work around. 

Basketball
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Guardian,

Thanks for the reply, I will try as you have suggested.

What did you put as the income type please?

Thanks

GuardianScreens
      Contributing Cover User

I just put 'Salary and Wages'. When I process a payroll none of the contractors come up in the payrun and this got rid of all the error messages I was getting. 

Basketball
        Experienced Cover User

OK thanks I will try this