Forum Discussion

WMack
Experienced User
2 years ago

EOFY Finalisation figures

My payroll activity report for the year is correct but the STP EOFY Finalisation report has 1 employee with incorrect $'s. 

This employee started off as a casual employee then that work finished so he was terminated in MYOB.  He has then come back on as a full time employee where I took the termination date off and entered his new start date.  The EOFY Finalisation report has NOT reported any of his casual work prior to going full time. (Maybe because I'd changed his start date?)

I was on Live Chat last Thursday with xxxx who wasn't helpful so I asked him to escalate and he said I'd hear from somebody in 72 hours (which I haven't)

I have tried changing start dates, then running a zero payrun but it hasn't been corrected. 

I asked xxxx whether entering the figures into the Card File, Pay History could be a possible solution - he told me to talk to a financial advisor which is when I asked him to escalate the problem. 

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi WMack 

From what you've described it sounds like the casual YTD amounts have been removed from the employee card>>Pay History. Run the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports, if they're not the same then that is what is causing your issue.

You'll need to restore a back up and change the employee card>>Pay History to include the casual YTD amounts. Then process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June to update STP. 

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

WMack
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey

I've run both reports and they are different.  What is in the Payroll Register is what's on the Finalisation report.  

We have definitely NOT cleared the Pay History ourselves - wouldn't have even thought of looking there before this problem so somehow MYOB has when dates have been changed I imagine.

There has been too much work done to restore from a backup.  Can I just back up the system now, enter figures into the Pay History then run the zero payrun?

WMack
        Experienced User

Hi Tracey

I can see that I can't update the figures because it is only showing current FY figures under Pay History.  There is no backup to restore that wouldn't mean a huge amount of work by us to figure out what has happened since the date of backing up.  There must be another way that perhaps you could go in the backend and correct.  The employee only had 6 small casual pays that need to be entered.  Please respond as quickly as possible.