Forum Discussion

Kyliet68
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

EOFY finalisation incorrect

Hi,

EOFY finalisation is reporting zero gross payments to all of my staff for 21/22 so I am trying to follow the advice as per below but am unable to work out points 1 and 2 below, running the Payroll Activity detail does not help me narrow down any categories that are causing a problem, any ideas? I have spoken to MYOB after being on hold for 3.5 hours and they werent very helpful, told me to take out all the termination dates of terminated staff and make their cards active again which I have done but still reporting zero gross income, PAYG is correct for them all but not income. When I check payroll details it all comes up correct. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

The first question you need to ask is... Do the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports match?

• If the answer is NO, this generally indicates that a manual adjustment has been made in Pay History in the employee card. If this is the case, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process any changes/adjustments through Process Payroll. Then process a $0 pay to update STP.

• If the answer is YES, this generally indicates that the issue is being caused by ATO reporting categories that have not been assigned correctly or by payroll categories that have exempted from PAYG Withholding in error. Follow these steps to find and fix the issues:
  1. Run the Payroll Activity Detail report to narrow down which payroll categories are causing the problem.
  2. Check that the correct ATO reporting category has been assigned. Change the ATO reporting category as required.
  3. Check if the payroll category has been ticked exempt from PAYG in error (Payroll Categories>>open the category>>click on the Exempt button). Untick PAYG Withholding and click Ok.
  4. Once you have made the necessary changes to the payroll category, send an update event to update STP.