Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Error When Recording Pay

I am trying to Record my Ray run - first one for the 2022-2023 FY - and an error message comes up stating:

GrossAmountError: The drived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

The people listed are employees who do have a negative amount set up in their pay as they Salary Sacrifice this amount each week. It is set up as a negative amount - obviously.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    hms1
    Experienced Cover User

I am having the same problem - cannot record the pay run due to this error and yes it only applies to the 7 employees who are salary sacrificing super....need to have processed by end of today. Prob can do a manual payment and hope the net salary amounts are correct.

• Hello annette3  

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

Our STP Phase 2 team is working with the ATO to find out why they're rejecting pays when the total Gross is $0, for example, 100% salary sacrifice.

In the meantime there are two possible workarounds to get those pay accepted by the ATO:

1. when processing the pay increase the gross amount by a small amount, like 1c, so the gross is more than the salary sacrifice amount
    2. split the payment into two pay runs, one for the positive amount and one for the salary sacrifice amount

Please let me know if you need further assistance.