Error with leave balance after reinstating employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: Error with leave balance after reinstating employee

Hi @Jackie4504

Thank you for your post. MYOB doesn't automatically clear the existing entitlements when you terminate and then re-employ someone. What we can do is the following:

1. Create a brand new employee card for this employee. This is sometimes easier and more transparent than editing a current card, depending on circumstances. You can then rename the old card something like Z-Smith, John, so that it's at the bottom of the employee card list but still searchable.

2. Go into the employees entitlements' tab and put in negative amounts in the 'Balance Adjustment' fields so that the total equals 0 (or whatever the correct current pre-payroll entitlement is). It's useful to create a matching Contact Log entry for this so that you have a note of this transaction for future reference.

3. Run a separate payroll for this employee. When starting the payroll, choose 'Process all employees paid: Bonus/Commission" - as this will clear out any standard pay element and provide a 'blank' pay slip. Then you can put in a negative amount under Annual Leave Accrual that will clear the entitlement balance to 0 (or whatever the current payroll entitlement should be). I would personally choose 'Pay Slip Delivery Status: Already Printed or Sent' so that the employee doesn't get a $0 pay slip which may be confusing.

This help article explains the process for reinstating employees: Reinstating an employee  and has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

John21
Experienced User
40 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

40Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error with leave balance after reinstating employee

I am having the same problem.

I used the instructions to reinstate an employee (rather than following my gut to create a new card file). Myob should update their instrucitons.

As such we have incorrect card file entitlements and also leave reports are producing weird results.

Let me know how to proceed - our file is online.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post