Forum Discussion

CNC2065
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Give custom field a name

I have created a custom field in Lists & Field Names/Employee & given it a name, Start Date.

However when I open a card list of employees the column heading is Custom Field 1, not the name I have given it, Start Date.  Is there a way of making the column heading the name I've given it?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CNC2065 

Suggest you re-check what you have done. While you can access the settings via Custom Lists > Lists & Field Names > Employees, you can change the tab - ensure the changes were made on the Employee tab. Just tested and works as it should in AR 2022.11

If yours isn't working perhaps attach a screenshot and advise what version of MYOB you are using, if AR2022, are you trying this via Browser or desktop software.

Regards

Gavin

CNC2065
      Experienced Cover User

I've checked the employee cards & the field name appears as Start Date in the Card Details tab.  I'm using AR2022.11 & desktop software but the file is online.  I don't want to attach a screenshot for confidentiality reasons.

Where the column name is still showing as Custom Field 1 is in the Card List screen.  The other columns I have are Phone No. 1, Employee ID, Date of Birth.

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi CNC2065 

Thanks for clarifying where this was happening. I suspect this is a limitation of the Card List view. When selecting Columns to include, the default column names appear. I suspect the same thing would happen with an export.

If you need this in a report, right click and use Copy List to Clipboard, paste into excel and adjust column headings as required.

Regards

Gavin