How to Clear the Prepare Electronic Payments account for payments which was paid by cash

SherryltqWahl
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to Clear the Prepare Electronic Payments account for payments which was paid by cash

I recently joined this business and got a big mess in the Prepare Electronic Payment accounts.

I was told all the pay items from 2007-2021 was enter into this clearing account accidentally but already paid by cash. So all the entry are stuck in this clearance account for some reason.

So How do I clean up this clearance account? The screenshot I attached already been paid. so I do not have old data and obviously the bank rec was done back then in some other ways. So How do I clear this from the clearance account?

Screenshot 2024-01-11 140010.png
1 REPLY 1
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How to Clear the Prepare Electronic Payments account for payments which was paid by cash

Hi @SherryltqWahl,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

To remove transactions from the Prepare Electronic Payments window, simply click on Bank File. This action records the transfer of the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. Since the payments were made in cash, there's no need to upload the file. However, it's essential to note that this might impact your reconciliation report. I would recommend consulting with your accountant about the possibility of creating a dummy bank account for downloading the bank file.

Please let me now if you require further assistance with this. 

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post